By Team RXA on April 23, 2018 2:00:00 AM EDT
Whether you are a digital analyst handing out valuable insights or an implementation specialist bringing all the pieces together, you have probably reached a point at some time in your career where you were just tired from all the work. Sometimes we all need a pick-me-up to get us back on track and loving our job. When you are feeling gloomy and need a jump start to get you going again, here are some ideas to get you out of the doldrums.
1. Read positive news about the digital analytics industry. The keyword being "positive". Look for news about it trending upward or what the latest trends are. Seeing new and exciting platforms and features coming is always fun. And of course, it is always great to see that the outlook for digital analytics is positive, and that an ever-increasing amount of money will be spent on it.
2. Work on a certification. It is a great sense of accomplishment when you get to add a certification to your resume and LinkedIn profile. Along the way you may also discover some long-lost features or ideas that you can incorporate back into your program. Nothing says "You can do it!" like a certification.
3. Read a digital analytics book. There are a lot of great books out there on digital analytics. In fact, there are just a lot of great books out there. It doesn't have to be a digital analytics book; it could be something around professional development. Get some recommendations from colleagues and hunker down for a good read.
4. Attend a conference. There is something about conferences that send one home ready to attack work. They are exhilarating. Listen to speakers attentively and take notes. Mingle. Connect. Realize that there are a lot of great people in this industry. You will always return with fresh ideas.
5. Attend a webinar. These are quick and easy (and usually free!). There are always a handful of helpful webinars being hosted by vendors and agencies throughout the week. You may even win a drawing! Alternatively, find a Youtube video of someone giving a talk on a digital analytics topic that you find interesting.
6. Share your experiences. The Dead Sea has reached its current state because it has no outlet and only receives. We are designed to help others. Sign up to speak at a conference or present a webinar. Write a blog. Before you know it, you'll be refreshed and rejuvenated.